Here we look at some Project Specific Questions and the answers to those questions
Energy Efficient Building Network provides services related to project management, designing-building, and construction of energy efficient buildings.
Whether it is structural design of certain components, or designing or building the complete eproject, you need to work with
competent professionals of the network.
After all it is your dream home!
The configuration of the structural member will be established after
looking at ...
- the entire building as a system
- the anatomy -- the
Physical Model and the Analytical and Design Model of the structural member ... for example as in Anatomy Of The Wall
So, let us start with the
- Physical Model of the structural member ... so in this case you would be looking at
- the physical layout of the structural member
- the structure that supports the structural member
- and then you will look at features and constraints all around the structural member
- above it
- below it
- to its right
- to its left
developing the physical model will expose the boundaries we would have to respect,
and the dimensional constraints we will have to live with thus helping us with the
feasible physical configuration of the structural member of the building
In regard to the discussion of the structure as a whole, as discussed in the discussion on Building-System we would look at whether
it should be ...
- Solid Structure
- Skeletal Structure
- Surface Structure
and then we go to the
- Analytical and Design Model of the roof of the structural member ... that will help us develop
- the nature and the magnitude of the loading on the structural member
- the nature and magnitude of the reactive forces at the supports of the structural member
- based on principles of structural mechanics and state-of-the-art methods, you will design each structural member of the building
By looking at the structural member of the building as part of the Building System, and looking at the entire facility wholistically as part of a system with its surroundings and environment, you will begin to see the feasible options emerge that meet all of the design requirements including those of creature comfort, aesthetic considerations, and harmony with the surroundings and the environment.
Following the Top Ten List ... from the feasible options that emerge, then you will choose the structural configuration that befits your situation in regard to budget costs, schedule, constructibility, degree of difficulty, and the complete set of specifications for the project.
Yes, design as we mentioned is both an art and a science -- where your intuition, experience, and visualization are at play along with the application of scientific principles. Sounds almost spiritual dosn't it ... but that's a discussion for another day!
beginning of Structural-Member-Configuration
back to our home page
For further information or help with your dream home / building project, or its parts, such as ...
- Project Planning
- Project Feasibility study / investigation
- Project Financing
- Project Site Evaluation / Selection
- Project Design
- Project Construction
Fill in the following form to subscribe to our upcoming news letter, to keep
up with our latest updates, and to tell us how we can help:
Partner With Us
If you are involved with energy efficient building projects as:
we invite you to tell us about yourself by filling in the special contact form
- Specialty contractor
I have setup for your convenience. Let us see if we can create synergy
by utilizing our combined resources and create a win-win situation!
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.
Energy Efficient Building Network LLC
308 Longford Dr -- Rochester Hills MI 48309 U.S.A.
Phone: +1-248-375-5710; Cell: +1-248-766-1546